Weekly Interaction Log With Social Media and Information Providers

What media or information provider do you use?


As a student and a teenager I use the following media or information providers:


1. YouTube 
YouTube is a website for video-sharing. I use it to watch videos of my favorite artists,
listen to music, calm my mind, learn life-hacks and even school lessons.
YouTube gives tons of benefits to me, that's why I consume a total of
30 hours per week on this site.


2.   Facebook

Facebook is an online social media and social networking service founded by
 Mark Zuckerberg. Most of people nowadays have a Facebook account. It is the new
 source of  almost every information a person may need. Businesses are also promoted and
are generated in this site. Facebook being an info bank takes 20 hours of my time in a week.


3.    Television

Television it is commonly-known as TV. We use the television to catch news,
watch telenovelas, movies, variety shows, cooking shows, music show and
 all of the shows you can think of, but the things that a television provides, are
obtainable in different sites and gadgets used by citizens today. Being a teenager
 in this generation, I don't use our television that much and I could say
that only 5 hours per week is for tv.


4.   Messenger

Messenger is a messaging app developed for Facebook users to have an
 easier access to communicating with their friends. Chat that you can bring anywhere
made my social life simple. I give most of my time to this app, 40 hours per week, actually.


5.  Twitter

Twitter, just like Facebook, is  a portal of information. Students create their accounts
 to effortlessly be informed about the news (mostly of class suspensions), to be updated
with their favorite artists and to post some random rants about their day.
 I do not use Twitter that much but I give 14 hours in a week to check up on
what's happening.


6.   Instagram

Instagram, my second favorite application. It is an app where you post pictures.
 I am a big fan of photography (I am not good at taking pictures tho) and I love
 to look at how happy and beautiful are people's smile when they go to wonderful places
and adventures. I enjoy scrolling through this app so, I unconsciously consume about
32 hours each week.


7.   Series

Have you ever found something so beautiful because of your boredom?
Yes, that's right, I found out and started watching series because I got so bored.
Actually, I can finish a season with 8-12 episodes of a series in just a day, but since I am a
busy student, I can only watch series on weekends, that's why (I can't finish watching The Flash)
only 22 hours per week is allotted for this amazing pastime.


8. Google

Being a student in this era, made Google and I, good friends. Google makes
it easier to search for the things that I need and want to know. Just by typing what you
need, my friend can give you thousands of websites that can give you the information that
you needed. I use a total of 15 hours in a week to hangout with Google, my friend.


9. Pinterest

Being an easygoing person, I need applications that can give me what 
I want in a snap. Pinterest is like Google, but it makes it faster for me to get 
what I need because it uses pictures of the information I may be looking for. Pinterest takes 
16 hours of my time per week.



Which media provider did you spent the most time?

The Messenger app from Facebook takes up most of my time because 
I love to talk to my friends and since we do not live in the same house, messenger is our 
medium to communicate. I can say that using the app is practical because you do not have to consume your money to text your friend.


What roles does the media play in your lives?

Media plays almost all roles in my life because I use it to learn,
communicate, enjoy and so much more, that is why most of my time is consumed 
by using media or information providers.



My own definition of terms

Technology Literacy

Technology literacy is knowing how to use and what the things 
that you can do with technology.

Media Literacy

It is learning how to use media. 
It is also being informed of what you can do of the media you have.

Information Literacy

It is being knowledgeable on how to use the information 
that you have gathered.

Media and Information Literacy

Media and information literacy is knowing how to use the media that you
have with/and the information that you have obtained.



All the GIFs used in this blog are not mine, credits to their rightful owners.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MEDIA AND INFORMATION LANGUAGES

TYPES OF MEDIA